I know my website has an about me section, but it doesn’t help you really get to know me. Like who I am as a person, and what shaped me. So, if you’d like to know me a little bit better, here are 10 things about me.
1. I grew up in a rural area made famous by author Mark Twain. He wrote of the jumping frog competition and yes, I did jump frogs at our county fair.
2. I was student body president and salutatorian my senior year of high school.
3. I got my BA in Environmental Studies from UC Santa Barbara and MPA in Public Administration from San Diego State University.
4. My first pregnancy was with twins who both passed away at birth. Not your normal get-to-know-me fact but it has shaped my life in many ways.
Grab my free Start Your Online Business Workbook HERE.
5. I became a single mom to my four kiddos when they were all age 6 and under. We moved across the state to be closer to my family. I was a single mom for 7 years.
6. One of the scariest/bravest things I’ve ever done was move my kids and me to a new state where we knew no one, bought a house on my own, and started my own online business.
7. Shortly after moving I met and married my husband and gained a bonus daughter. WYKYK.
8. I absolutely hate belly buttons. My own and other people’s. Don’t ask me why but they gross me out. I threw up in my mouth a bit just writing this.
9. Things I simultaneously love and hate:
- Family road trips
- Watching my kids grow
- Learning new technology
- Social media
10. I’ve been a married mom, a single mom, a working mom, a stay-at-home mom, and an online business-owning mom. All are hard AF.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me better. Now it’s your turn, I would love for you to introduce yourself in the comments or drop me an email.